There will come a time when the party is over, and you have to consider what you’re going to do next. It’s not a nice situation to have to deal with, especially when you’ve been planning or looking forward to the event for months. Unfortunately, however, all good things must come to an end, and the aftermath of the party will come whether you like it or not.
To make everything a lot easier for yourself at this time, you might want to consider all of the advice laid out below. Here’s everything you need to organise after the party has finished:
If you partied a little too hard, then the first hurdle you have to cross in the aftermath of your party is your hangover. Before you are capable of even doing anything else, you have to figure out how you’re going to recover from your dehydration, your headache, your sickness, and your weariness.
If you’re smart, you’ll begin to deal with your hangover before it even kicks in. In fact, you’ll begin to deal with it even before the party starts and you begin drinking alcohol. To prepare for your hangover, you should:
- Drink green tea throughout the day of the party
- Consume a glass of water before you start drinking alcohol, consume a glass of water after every other alcoholic beverage that you drink, and consume another glass of water before bed
- Fill your body with proteins and carbs (chicken, fish, vegetables, etc.)
Of course, even taking this advice and preparing for your hangover doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re going to be out of the woods. Depending on how much alcohol you consume and how little sleep you get, you could still feel some hangover side effects. If you do still find yourself feeling bedridden, you should:
- Replace the fluids and electrolytes that you lost with IV hangover therapy, details of which can be found at www.resetiv.com
- Stay as cool as possible
- Keep an endless supply of water within reach of your bed
- Get as much sleep as you can
The tidying up
If you were the one that organised the party (or if you’re just a really, really good friend), another post-party task you are going to be faced with is the tidying up. To tidy up in a quick and effective manner (so that you can go back to bed and sleep off the hangover), you should:
- Gather all of your cleaning essentials to ensure that you’re not running back and forth for them
- Open up the widows and curtains to get some air and light circulating
- Take a bag around the home to collect rubbish (be sure to use a separate bag for recyclables), and then dispose of them accordingly
- Check every room before you stack the dishwasher (you’ll be surprised where some glasses will end up)
- Take a methodical approach and clean rooms one-by-one
It might not be a nice thought, but that party you’re currently looking forward will come to an end at some point. When it does, be sure to remember all that you have read above. Your post-party life will be made a lot easier if you do.