I love stationery, as you all know, keeping on top of them, the digital calendar and other to do lists can become quite daunting. However, it is proven that getting things down on paper can help with your mindfulness, therefore your mental health. With a diary you can manage your thoughts, events and even your life. Paper diaries are the not-so-secret weapon that every organised person owns. Here are some top tips on maintaining your 2020 diaries:
Journaling, or in this case – ‘diaring’ isn’t something complicated or technical. There are different reasons why people may choose to use diaries, and these reasons yield different results. Sometimes I just like to doodle.
Although diaries can be used for social or personal fulfilment, they can also be used for business purposes and to keep a historical record of specific events for generations after. There are travel diaries, dream diaries, gratitude diaries, event diaries, observation diaries, etc. Then there are yearly diaries where you can document all the events of a particular year in one place.
With your 2020 diaries, you can write down your shopping needs, your to-do lists, the times and venues for your meetings and even day-to-day bits that you can easily forget.
Apart from what you can do with diaries, there are a lot of psychological and physical development benefits. With diaries, you can:
- Record anything – From to-do lists for each day, to activities for each month. With diaries, you can record anything that you don’t want to forget. It keeps you on top of your game at meetings and events, including remembering anniversaries and birthdays that you may have ordinarily forgotten.
- Manage scattered thoughts – When you’re feeling overwhelmed with ideas jumping here and there, writing helps you focus on one thought at a time. With a diary, you can outline and put down those thoughts, then read them later for better comprehension.
- Manage negative feelings – Sometimes, writing down the things that bother and upset you during the day can be therapeutic. The act of writing on paper can help relieve you of accumulated tension and pent up stress. In the long run, the act of journaling will help declutter your mind and alleviate unnecessary stress.
- Improve memory retention – Because writing forces you to gather your thoughts and helps you focus, the brain is likely to recall written information faster. Therefore, if writing in a diary is done regularly, it can improve the mind’s retention power.
- Reduce procrastination – Diaries can improve your time management. With diaries, you can evaluate your past experiences to plan better for similar tasks.
Theworks has you covered with their wide range of 2020 diaries. So, whether you’re looking for a particular texture or size, all you need is to browse their collection, find one that suits you and you can have all your plans for 2020 in one place.