SKIPPY® sent us two tubs of their yummy Peanut Butter: Extra Crunchy and Creamy. We love Peanut Butter cupcakes, funnily enough I can’t eat it out of the jar (unlike my husband). It is delicious in cupcakes and muffins. So, Hubby has been making Super Chunky toast, whilst I have been busy baking. This is my fun recipe with a surprise centre! Can you guess what is inside?
Peanut butter and surprise jam centre cupcakes
- 250 g Self raising flour
- 250 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp Bicarb of soda
- 270 g unsalted soft butter (left at room temperature)
- 4 Eggs (Beaten)
- 100 g Skippy Peanut Butter (Extra crunchy or Creamy is good)
- 2 tbsp Milk (I always use Full Fat)
- 3/4 jar Jam (Strawberry jam works best)
Topping (if you fancy a bit extra)
- 1 tub Chocolate icing
- 30 peanuts, blitzed into dust
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees, gas mark 5.
- Add all dry ingrediebts into a bowl.
- Add the butter, eggs and sugar.
- Add the peanut butter and mix.
- Add the milk and mix for a further minute. Give the bowl a scrape to get all the mixture.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top (adds a bit of crunch). ; Bake these for around 20 minutes. Yummy!
- Cut a whole in the top of the cake and add the jam.
- Add pre-made chocolate icing and peanut dust if you wish.
We love baking and styling these cupcakes up with an American theme, we celebrated Independence Day by eating lots of yummy American food. We love learning about American history too – how it broke away from the 13 Colonies into a 50 State Country like you see it today. You can look on the SKIPPY® website for more fun recipe ideas, there are things from savoury to sweet. Why not give one a try? What are your favourite Peanut Butter cupcakes with a surprise?
Did you guess the surprise centre was going to be jam? It is delicious and the kiddies love these too – great grab and go snacks with a bit of a sugar hit too. I would love to know your favourite recipe with SKIPPY® Peanut Butter in the comments below or on social media: @mummyconstant.
What do you think?