Skippy sent us two tubs of their yummy Peanut Butter: Super Chunk and Creamy. We love Peanut Butter cupcakes, funnily enough I do not like it straight out of the jar (unlike my husband). It is delicious in cupcakes and muffins though. So, Hubby has been making Super Chunky toast, whilst I have been busy baking. This is my fun recipe with a surprise centre!
Peanut butter and surprise jam centre cupcakes
- soft butter (left at room temperature)
- brown sugar
- Skippy Peanut Butter (Super Chunk or Creamy is good)
- Eggs (Beaten)
- Vanilla Extract
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
- Milk (I always use Full Fat)
- Jam (Strawberry jam works best)
Topping (if you fancy a bit extra)
- Cream Cheese
- soft butter
- Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4.
- Add the butter, sugar and peanut butter together in your KitchenAid and mix until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, keep mixing.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, whilst mixing this in add the milk gradually. ; Put one teaspoon of the mixture into all of the cupcake cases.
- Then spoon one teaspoon of jam on top.
- Using the rest of the mixture, cover the jam.
- Sprinkle a little brown sugar on top (adds a bit of crunch). ; Bake these for around 25 minutes. Yummy!
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together, slowly add the icing.
- Keep adding the icing until you get the consistency you require.
You can look on the Skippy website for more fun recipe ideas, there are things from savoury to sweet. Why not give one a try?
Did you guess the surprise centre was going to be jam? It is delicious and the kiddies love these too – great grab and go snacks with a bit of a sugar hit too. I would love to know your favourite recipe with Skippy Peanut Butter in the comments below or on social media: @mummyconstant.