I just love getting creative and Halloween lends itself to a lot of chances for this. I made these yummy peanut butter and jam cupcakes using our household favourite SKIPPY® Peanut Butter. You can decorate them as spookily as you wish.
American-style SKIPPY® Peanut Butter is unlike any other – smoothly satisfying and just how peanut butter is supposed to taste! We just love it.
Peanut Butter cupcakes with a surprise recipe
- 55g Soft Butter
- 225g Brown Sugar
- 115g SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (Extra Smooth)
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 225g Plain Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 100ml Milk
- A Jar of Jam!
- Set the oven to 180oc (Gas Mark 4).
- Line a tray with 16 Paper Cases.
- Beat the butter, sugar & peanut butter together in an electric whisk.
- Add the beaten eggs & vanilla.
- Sift in the flour & baking powder.
- Add the milk to make a smooth cake mix.
- Add a spoonful of the mix to the bottom of the cases.
- Add a dollop of jam.
- Cover the jam with another spoonful of cake mix.
- Sprinkle the mixture with brown sugar – it gives the outside a nice crunch.
For our topping we added vanilla frosting and an extra dollop of the extra smooth! We added Halloween decorations too. Delicious.
They make a really gooey, extra spooky cupcake for this time of year they are perfect. If you are having a Halloween party, or you are just wanting to get a little creative then try our spooky peanut butter and jam cupcake recipe.
You can buy SKIPPY® Peanut Butter: Extra Smooth and Extra Crunchy varieties are currently available in major supermarkets including Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Costco, Ocado and the International section of Tesco. And you can check out their very own SKIPPY® recipes online.
Have you tried peanut butter for breakfast? I would love to know if you have baked this Halloween and if you have tried the new SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Extra Smooth? Let me know in the comments below…