This is one of the yummiest recipes I have ever used for making those chewy cookies, you know the ones, like you get at good coffee shops or in the freshly baked section at supermarkets. This recipe also uses up all that chocolate you get from Easter eggs and a packet of Mini Eggs too. Obviously.
Easter egg chocolate chip chewy cookies
- 127 g Flora Buttery softened
- 190 g Caster sugar
- 94 g Dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 440 g self-raising flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pack white chocolate chips
- 1 broken up Easter egg
- 1 pack Cadbury mini eggs
- Place the Cadbury mini eggs in a large bag, with the back of a tablespoon hit each egg and they'll pop in half.
- Cream the butter and the sugars in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; mixing with each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add the flour; mixing until 80% incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and and cadbury mini eggs and use a wooden spoon to blend together.
- Roll into 1 inch balls or use an ice cream scoop to dollop the dough onto the baking tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 9-10 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
- Let them rest on the baking tray or greaseproof paper for 1 minute, then transfer to a rack to cool.