We love peanut butter baking recipes in this house and we are big fans of SKIPPY® Peanut Butter. We found this sweethearts recipe on their website, they have a lot more recipes and ideas too. This recipe makes around 30 sweethearts, so plenty to eat during lockdown and also leftovers to freeze for another week.
Sweethearts are a heart shaped candies that are traditionally given out around Valentine’s Day in America, from around the 1900’s. We have something similar in the shape of Love Hearts. The idea has grown into cakes and baked treats, in the shape of a heart. This recipe is using heart shaped chocolates to give the Sweethearts theme to them.
We really hope you enjoy these delicious bakes as much as we do, they are a simple idea that the kids can get involved with. With just 10 minutes to prep and 40 minutes to cook and making a whopping 30 Sweethearts – lots of yummy treats.
SKIPPY® Peanut Butter Sweethearts
- 125 g SKIPPY® Peanut Butter (Smooth)
- 437 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder / soda
- 125 g butter
- 125 g granulated sugar
- 125 g firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Assorted food colouring
- 30 Milk chocolate hearts
- Heat oven to 350°F. In small bowl, combine flour and baking Powder.
- In large bowl, beat together peanut butter and butter until smooth. Beat in sugars, egg and vanilla until blended. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Shape dough into 30 balls.
- Place coloured sugars in small bowls. Roll dough balls in coloured sugars and place 2-inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press one chocolate heart in centre of cookie. Remove to a wire rack. Cool completely.
What would you bake with your SKIPPY® Peanut Butter? Have you been baking during lockdown? I would love to see your bakes, upload a photo to Instagram and tag us or pin something to Pinterest, we love looking through and seeing all the beautiful heart shaped designs.