A famous dessert in the area of Snowdonia, in Wales, is the Snowdon Pudding. Cottages.com sent me the recipe and I had to try it as I just love anything that can be served with custard. It is similar to a steamed pudding, made with suet and of course this recipe is vegetarian. We love the Snowdonia area and the weather in Wales makes it easy to enjoy this wonderful dessert.
- 100 g Vegetarian Suet
- 3 Eggs
- 15 g Cornflour or Ground Rice
- 75 g Brown Sugar
- 100 g White Breadcrumbs
- 50 g Raisins
- 75 g Lemon Marmalade
- Grated rind 1 lemon
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, except for a handful of raisins
- Beat the eggs and add to the dry mixture
- Grease a pudding basin and put the handful of raisins at the bottom
- Pour in the mixture and boil/steam for 1 1/2 hrs, checking the water level from time to time
- Turn out and serve with custard!