This is a little recipe that I made from a couple I had seen online, hubby and Noah made the muffins for me and I decorated them with their help today. We had a lot of fun. The decoration is really easy, once you have the three colours of icing ready. Easy, yet they look very effective.
- 100g Softened Butter
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Fan 160C / Gas 4.
- 2. Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin, then line the base and sides with baking parchment
- 3. Measure all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes, until well blended
- 4. Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface
- 5. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour, until well risen and golden brown. A fine skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean if the loaf is ready.
- 6. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out, peel of the parchment and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Noah started to copy Mummy, he got his camera out and started snapping away at the cakes, just as I was. I thought it was really cute and I loved his photos – a little blurry but he has the eye for it! I will be featuring his photos on the blog before too long.