I finally got a letter through from my midwife; not with an appointment for the Physio, but telling me I had to book it myself (the rules have changed apparantly) and a list of what to do and not to do throughout pregnancy when you are suffering from SPD.
Here are a few of the main pointers from the midwife, some of which I do anyway:
- wear pelvic support belt
- use crutches to walk, if very painful
- reduce time you have to stand or walk. Don’t stand if you can sit, don’t sit if you can lie!
- take shorter steps when walking
- avoid straddle positions
- avoid standing on one leg
- do your pelvic floor muscle exercises (see PFF ‘app’ review)
- place a pillow between your legs when sleeping
- when standing, tighten your bum muscles together as hard as you can for 5 seconds. Repeat it 10 times a day, twice a day