I wanted to let all my lovely readers know about a fabulous competition running on the Bounty website: http://www.bounty.com/babysmile
THE SEARCH IS ON TO FIND BRITAIN’S GREATEST BABY SMILE!
A baby’s smile is infectious. Their wide gummy grin has the ability to melt any frown and soften even the hardest of hearts. However, when it comes to the baby who has the country’s greatest smile every mother would say their child wins that title hands down. In an effort to settle the argument once and for all, Bonjela, Britain’s number one teething gel* has launched the Britain’s Greatest Baby Smile competition. The contest comes as part of the 12-month Britain’s Greatest campaign – from the makers of Bonjela, Reckitt Benckiser – which celebrates everything that is great about Britain in 2012.
Bonjela Teething Gel provides effective, soothing relief from teething pain. Its local anaesthetic action relieves pain and soothes sore gums, while its antiseptic action can help prevent minor mouth infections – for turning those teething pain-frowns upside down!
The nationwide competition will kick off on April 10, and the winning baby will be launched into the spotlight as the face of the new advertising for leading* baby brand – Bonjela. The competition is being held in partnership with supermarket giant Tesco and Bounty website, with brands Nurofen for Children and Karvol participating with in-store promotions. For a chance to show off your baby’s winning smile, pick up your camera and get snapping. Entry couldn’t be simpler, just head to Bounty website and upload your picture. The entry phase closes on May 8, so make sure you don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Once all the photos are collated, they will be short-listed to 10 baby finalists by our expert panel that includes:
- Helen Wynne, who was recently awarded Tesco Achieving mum of the year, will be sharing her expert opinion. As the mum of a child with special needs, Helen used her experience to set up her own inclusive child-minding centre, Blythswood in Wrexham.
- Lisa English, Brand Manager at Reckitt Benckiser
- Blogger Emma Sheppard, who writes the popular baby blog “Me. The Man and the Baby.”
- Lisa Penny, Head of Stakeholder relations from Bounty
- Vanessa Tilley, Marketing manager for healthcare and pharmacy at Tesco
- Lucy Butler, Editor from the Tesco baby and toddler club
- Debbie Bird, Editor at Babyworld
- Katya Crichton, Art Director from creative agency Euro RSCG
Once the top 10 have been agreed by our panel of experts, the final decision is in your hands! The photos will be posted on the Bounty website on the 16th May 2012, for people to vote for their favourite cheeky smiles.
Make sure you share the link with as many people as possible on your social network pages to get as many votes as you can. Don’t forget to encourage your family and friends to nominate your photo too!
The new face of Bonjela Teething Gel will be announced on the June 20, 2012 with advertising to launch in 2012.