As a parent, one of the battles that you will face every single day is the attempt you make to keep your house clean. Here’s the thing about that: you are not going to be able to kick the kids out, they’re going to make a mess, and everyone has the same issue – so why is this a problem for everyone to admit? Kids are messy, and we all need to agree with that!
The thing is, you don’t just want to have a messy house: you want to keep it clean! So, to make this happen, you need to start spring cleaning. Yes, it’s summer, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t use the expression! It’s time to clean the house with the kids in it, and the very first thing to do with your cleaning is to know that when spring cleaning, tips for cleaning tiles will be a good addition to your new routine. Your family is going to make a mess, but these are the tips to keep the house clean while your kids are still living in it!
- Put down some rules. Children love to make a mess, but if you teach them to clean up after themselves, they’re going to be able to play nicely and you won’t be dealing with mess after play time. It’s easy to teach children to clear up after themselves, but you have to start young if you want the lesson to stick!
- Give everything a place to live. Clutter is the bane of every parent’s life, so make sure that everything in your home has a place to be. There’s a simple system that you can use – it’s called LABELS! Label boxes and baskets with the items that should go in them. You’ll help the kids keep things tidy and you’ll keep the house tidy, too.
- Tidy as you go after meals. When the kids chuck food on the floor, clean it right away. Don’t wait until the end of the day to clean things up, not when you can use five minutes after meals to pick things up and wipe the table down.
- Pick your cleaning battles. You can’t clean the windows every day, and you can’t clean the oven every week either. So, hire a cleaner to come and do both and you’ll find this is the best money you’ve ever spent!
- Choose a chore per day. There are plenty of ways that you can keep a schedule for your cleaning, and when you nominate a chore per day, you’re going to have the house cleaned by the end of the week.
- Make it fun! Add music to your cleaning routines and you will find that you will be happier and more energetic as you get the job done. Be sure to sing along and use the mop as your mic!
Cleaning with the kids in the house? Not always easy, but definitely possible. Take the time and plan it right, and you can do it! I do constantly feel like I am cleaning up after the kids, but these tips might help me to keep on top of it.