The Summer safety campaign is aimed at teaching children and parents about summer safety including how to be safe around water while swimming and when stood near open flames at a barbeque. Fireman Sam has created a list of top ten summer safety tips to educate parents and youngsters how to stay safe and have fun to reduce the risk of accidents.
Fireman Sam’s Top Ten Summer Safety Tips
- Always walk when you are near a swimming pool, never run.
- Never push anyone into a swimming pool.
- If you are swimming in the sea, never turn your back to the sea – this will prevent you from seeing big waves coming towards you.
- Take care when paddling and swimming in the sea as the water can get deep very quickly.
- Always ensure you have a responsible adult with you when paddling and swimming in the sea.
- Always leave lighting a barbeque to a responsible adult.
- Ensure you keep your barbeque a safe distance from trees, bushes and anything else that may catch fire before lighting it.
- Make sure that your barbeque is placed on a flat surface so it stays in place once it’s lit.
- Always stand back from a barbecue and keep a safe distance whilst it is in use.
- Stand back from the edge of the platform at the railway station and never push anyone whilst on the platform.
To watch Fireman Sam’s Summer Safety Videos please visit the Fireman Sam Essential Safety Collection on the Fireman Sam YouTube channel:
Noah loved the new DVD, Fireman Sam Heroes of the Storm, the 35 Piece puzzle, Colouring Set, Sticker Set, Fireman Sam Magazine and Fireman Sam Figure Pack. We used the figure pack to help us go through the top ten summer safety tips. Yippee for Fireman Sam.
What do you think?