I have never seen any of the Marvel movies before and so when we saw the collection in Disney+ we thought it was the perfect task to complete during lockdown. It is really great family time; the kids love them and so do I. I cannot believe how brilliant they are and how the stories flow throughout the movies. It’s been so nice hearing the children shout cheers and oooohs, we are really invested.
My siblings are huge fans of Marvel and have been talking about them for years. It wasn’t until last month that I finally watched one. My brother said we should watch them in chronological order as the stories will flow through and so far I can see exactly what he means. We have got up to The Avengers and there are snippets in that movie, that if we hadn’t seen Iron Man or The Incredible Hulk, or Captain America, we wouldn’t have understood. However, those snippets do not disturb the movie enough that you “have” to watch them first. It’s very clever.
The order that we are watching is as follows:
- Captain America: The First Avenger (1942)
- Captain Marvel (1995)
- Iron Man (2010)
- Iron Man 2 (2011)
- The Incredible Hulk (2011)
- Thor (2011)
- The Avengers (2012)
- Iron Man 3 (2012)
- Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016-2017)
- Black Widow (2017)
- Black Panther (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2017)
- Avengers: Infinity War (2017)
- Avengers: Endgame (2018-2023)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (2023)
So, next on our list is Iron Man 3 and I am very much looking forward to that, it’s a good job we have rain for the next few days as it gives us a good excuse for a snuggle and family time.
The order above, is not how they have been created. They have been created in phases, there are currently 3 phases and a fourth is being created as we speak. So exciting.
Phase 1 is:
- Iron Man (May, 2008)
- The Incredible Hulk (June, 2008)
- Iron Man 2 (May, 2010)
- Thor (May, 2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22, 2011)
- Avengers Assemble (May 4, 2012)
Phase 2 is:
- 7. Iron Man 3 (May, 2013)
- Thor: The Dark World (November, 2013)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April, 2014)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (August, 2014)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (May, 2015)
- Ant-Man (July, 2015)
Phase 3 is:
- Captain America: Civil War (May, 2016)
- Doctor Strange (November, 2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (May, 2017)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (July, 2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (November, 2017)
- Black Panther (February, 2018)
- Avengers: Infinity War (April, 2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (July, 2018)
- Captain Marvel (March, 2019)
- Avengers: Endgame (April, 2019)
- Spider-Man: Far From Home (July, 2019)
The future phase will contain Black Widow, which I am really excited about and a new Thor movie. It is good to know that these movies will continue on, they are brilliant and clever.
We have loved taking time together, as a family, to watch these movies. The Marvel collection, so far, have been fabulous. I love the action and the effects; it’s totally captured us. We have laughed, shouted at the TV and sat at the edge of our seats. Disney+ have a whole Marvel section ready for you to work through with your family. It’s perfect for lockdown. We do love the magic of Disney.
We have loved watching the Marvel movies so far and we still have a long way to go. What’s your favourite Marvel movie? I would love to know in the comments below or on social media.