There are so many nice and shining things you can buy when you are expecting your first newborn. Obviously when it comes to baby number two, you know exactly what you need and do not need. With the arrival of my little neice it made me think back to when I was expecting little Noah and here are my useful tips on what is actually useful.
- Ask a friend who has had a baby and find out what things they purchased before their baby arrived, and which of those they didn’t actually use. This is the perfect way to find out reasons why people didn’t need the things they had. It will help to analyse what you think you need and what you actually need.
- I will give you your first reason: when I was expecting Noah I purchased everything I thought I needed. I saw all these wonderful things and gadgets and one that I didn’t use was a bottle warmer. They sound like a great idea and I liked the idea of them, but I never needed it.
- Find a useful website that sells many items from many different brands. They will have a selection of the same thing, which means different varieties and also prices. A website like Online4Baby.
- Grab a decent car seat, you definitely need a Group 0 seat. This is a car seat that is rear facing and your baby travels safely in this for nine months. It is important to get a good one, you want your baby to be as safe as possible. I chose a good brand that I recognised. Cosatto Group 0 car seats are good quality, tested by The Constants and they also look trendy.
- Moses baskets can be a great way to keep your little one safe and cosy. They are very portable and even fit inside a cotbed. I spent a lot of money on a swinging crib, once up on a time and realised that it was not as portable and did not fit inside the cotbed. It was not the best decision I have made, but on the other hand the swinging crib did look cute!