Yes, I know I am not 40 for another 5 years but it’s Hubby’s 40th birthday next week and it’s got me thinking about all of the things I want to do before I get to that milestone. So I have been thinking about my bucket list and hopefully 5 years will be enough to achieve it. Travel, food and family fun are high at the top of my list, I would love to know if you have any good ideas (I can always add to my list).
Most of these are going to revolve around a place I can do so that I can take a photography! Here’s my bucket list of things to do before I turn 40:
- My first goal is to buy my very first house. Hubby has owned a house before, so he is probably not as daunted as I am. We are so close too – I can’t wait.
- Visit Dubai – I have seen so many wonderful photos of our friends that live out there now that it has given me the bug to go there and get my very own photos and memories.
- Eat in a Vegetarian restaurant. As in no meat items on the menu. At. All.
- Learn how to cook something new.
- Go to New York – there are so many things I want to see in New York. I have wanted to go there for a long time. Shopping in the malls, ice skating in the same rink as the one in Home Alone and not forgetting having an oversized coffee at Central Perk!
- I want to sleep in a treehouse on the beach somewhere and relive my honeymoon. Hubby and I stayed in Langkawi but due to Hubby getting food poisoning our time there wasn’t great. But it would have been!
- I would love to travel to a new continent. I have only been to Europe and Asia so far. I would love to explore somewhere new. Hubby has been all over the world and I am sure he has also been to every continent. I would love to go somewhere that he hasn’t been before too.
- I’d love to have my teeth professionally whitened – they need a little TLC I think.
- Actually finish my next crochet project! It’s been sitting and staring at me for over 6 months so far. Useless.
- Take Isla to see The Lion King in London! She would absolutely love this.
- Watch an entire match of Noah playing football!
- Try a posh Gin and Tonic, in a posh restaurant.
- Become a Project Manager – full time. It’s a tall order but I am sure I can do this.
- Read a book. I haven’t read a book since last September when we went to Kos. Eek. I love reading too.
- Finish a hardish Soduko puzzle in under 5 minutes. So far it takes me at least 8 minutes.
- Visit a beach in England that we haven’t been to before.
- Write a new song. I haven’t written any music for years – since having the children I find it hard to be creative. I am sure I can do it within 5 years.
- Learn something new – whether that be about something in history, or a new Crochet stitch. It has to be something new.
Are there any other things you think I need to add to my bucket list? I would love to hear them in the comments below or on social media: @mummyconstant.