For some women, having the perfect skin is the most important thing. You face people everyday and if you have dry and flaky skin, you will lose your confidence. Do you know a lot about your skin to know how to take care of it properly? Here are five skin facts that are important for you to know in order to have healthy skin – inside and out.
- According to statistics, about 50 to 80 percent of skin damage happens before the average person turns 18. These damages caused by the sun can enable you to have sun spots, pigmentation, wrinkles, and dark spots. This is why it is important to use sunscreen daily, even when the skies are cloudy. This is because even when the sun does not shine as bright, your skin is still susceptible to damage caused by ultraviolet rays. This is also true during winter, as the sun’s rays can reflect off of surfaces.
- Acne in adults can be caused by dehydration. We always hear people saying that water is good for the body. Not only that, it is also good for your skin. If you don’t have enough water, the toxins that are present in your body are not flushed out when you urinate. Instead, they go out through your skin and this can cause acne breakouts. Make sure that you drink at least 8 glasses of water In addition, don’t wait to become thirsty before you take a drink. Hydrate constantly and you will see the results on your skin.
- Facial massages can take away years. Massages are not only for backs and feet. You can have facial massages as well in order to have that healthy, glowing skin that you have always wanted. Facial massages stimulate the cells on your face to release collagen, which is responsible for the elasticity of the skin. This elasticity lessens when people age, which is why having facial massages is beneficial.
- Washing too much is bad for the skin. If you are the kind who washes every so often, you might want to think twice about doing so. Washing the skin excessively is bad, as it removes the natural oils that provide a barrier on the skin. In addition, the harsh chemicals that are present on cleansers are also bad for the skin. Leaving the skin dry may lead to wrinkles as well. Wash to remove the makeup or dirt, but do not overwash.
- You have to choose your sunblock. When we talk about skin, there is no doubt that sunscreen. There are plenty of sunscreens available in the market, and you have to choose one that is best for you. For instance, it is better to use natural sunblock to avoid applying harsh chemicals on the skin. Choose one that provides both UVA and UVB protection. It should be labeled broad spectrum. In addition, choose a sunscreen that has at least 15 SPF, especially if you are doing outdoor activities such as swimming and running.